Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My 1.8 jetta turbo makes a shudder effect on the gearbox when

Customer Question

My 1.8 jetta turbo makes a shudder effect on the gearbox when it is cold and got started up fir the first time. It happens when I let the clutch halfway out and giving petrol.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If this feels anything like the clutch having a slip stick condition at all this can be due to the fly wheel/flex plate the clutch grips having grooves or damage in it or a rear engine seal leak that is leaking onto the fly wheel or clutch.I have also seen issues with the clutch disc not gripping when cold due to wear needing replaced.These are the most common causes for this type of fault here and need to be checked into to locate which is the cause.If this is not the feel you have here when this occurs let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete