sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My problem is with a uk grand voyager 2004 3.3 v6. The

Customer Question

Hi, My problem is with a uk grand voyager 2004 3.3 v6. The rear brakes are overheating during normal use, the discs and pads have been changed all around, the calipers are not sticking in the slightest and the brakes are achieving correct and even stopping pressure on the tester (per axel). The abs light can come on from start up but can go out and back on randomly whilst driving, I have also changed the compensator/load valve. It just seems that the rear axel is being used without any brake bias and is being overworked. Thanks.
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if it points to a pump/module problem I can source and fit a replacement.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: A per original message
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: 70,000 miles, the brake pedal seems a bit high/hard to me (servo is checked OK) but that's compared to another identical voyager that is due new brakes all round.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If you have ABS then the ABS hydraulic control unit is responsible for proportioning, but if you don't have ABS then it will have a height sensing proportioning valve on the rear axle beam.Do you know for sure that it does have ABS?If so, do you know what fault codes are setting?How are you determining the rear brakes are overheating?