Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

The compressor of the air conditioner doesn't do anything,

Customer Question

The compressor of the air conditioner doesn't do anything, even the "Clac", when the "on" button is pressed, is not heard.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Certain time ago I disconnected the batery. I don't know is this could be the reason, because I needed to "reprogam" the windows automatic movement.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing...
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I think no other problem, apart one of the engine, that came with the car (90.000 km)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Have you had the freon level checked in the AC system yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay, I don't pay much attention to the PC, and the trouble of the car is not urgent..., yet.
The freon was recharged on the 7th of August, 2014, when the car was 6 years old. Never before it had been recharged. I don't remember if then I checked the correct working of the system, I can suppose I did it or, at least, they checked it in the garage.
As I said the other day, could it something to do with disconnecting the batery? The windows lost its automatic movement.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No more answers? Is that all? Is that the way to solve a problem?