Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I drive a Audi A6 the year is 2010 2.0 automatic diesel and

Customer Question

I drive a Audi A6 the year is 2010 2.0 automatic diesel and when the car is stationarry the revs drop to 750 for a split second when in the Drive position.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When the car is in the Park position the engine ticks over properly at 800 rpm.I have been told that i might have to replace the ignition coil
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out engine issues, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am hoping to take it to a Garage but hoping to have the right diagnosis
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hi im kevin this most certainly wont be an ignition coil as diesels dont have coils .this sounds like a air control flap fault .this is the inlet flap that controls how much air can enter the engine .these are quite a common failure
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Please remember to rate my service