sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Electric windows not working indicator not working and e.m.l

Customer Question

electric windows not working indicator not working and e.m.l is on and car wont start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no codes on dashboard a wire in the boot arced before all this happened
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Peugeot Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car failed mot on driver side side lights so i had a look and when i moved the light wires one of the wires sounded like it shorted and then the windows stopped working so did the indicaters but hazard lights work the engine managment light is on and the car wont start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully its my daughters car and money is tight
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Peugeot Mechanic should know about your Peugeot?
Customer: ca5r worked fine before this and iv checked all the fuses but none blown that i can see radio also doesnt work but worked before this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If a wire was allowed to short to ground and now multiple items have no power then odds are you have a blown fuse. Fuses are in place to protect circuits from over current, the short to ground would have blown a fuse if it was a allowed to happen long enough and the fact that electrical items are not working now does point to a fuse blown.Have all fuses been checked?