Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Nissan/Datsun Qashqai: Greg, have an issue with the

Customer Question

Hi Greg,
Hi have an issue with the key fob for a nissan qashqai+2. It suddenly stopped working, so i changed the battery and it is still not allowing me to open/close the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mark.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
These instructions are for the Keyless Remote not the Prox Key.If you have the Prox Key Remote you will need to have a Locksmithor Dealership program it for you.IMPORTANT:Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmittersyou will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes willbe erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you programthe transmitters again. 1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six timeswithin 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this stepsuccessfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If thisprocedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps shouldflash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the buttonis pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doorsusing the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY buttonon the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for eachtransmitter (including any existing transmitters).6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using thedriver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg,Thanks for this, but these are the same instructions i found on here already and they dont work.
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Okay you have the newer model where this can only be done with there diagnostic tools Sorry but most newer vehicles are now going this way where you have to use diagnostic tools to program key fobs . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg,
Thanks for the quick reply. My car is 2009?
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Send me a photo of the keyfob please . Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg,Attached as requested.
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Okay good, when i get back into work in the morning i will check this out for you. Your time around dinner time 12:00.. Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great, thanks Greg.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg, any good?
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Yes its official, it can only be done with the Nissan diagnostic tool .You could try a locksmith that can also do this for you .Please click here for link . Sorry but just as i thought no way round this . Kind regards Greg