sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2002 Volvo V70. The dash lights and instruments have

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Volvo V70. The dash lights and instruments have ceased to work. I have tried another dash cluster but that does not work either. Any ideas. Alan
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No I don't as there is nothing coming up on the dash at all
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Volvo Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I was hoping to
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried a second hand dash unit that I know worked on another car
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: No don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the instrument cluster is completely dead then it is either missing a power or ground or has failed internally. If you saw the replacement cluster work in another vehicle then the problem should be a loss of power or ground. You may have a blown fuse or wiring issue (I'm assuming no there are no other electrical problems which should rule out something such as a bad ignition switch).If fuses are good then the next step is testing the cluster power and ground feeds. Has this been done?