Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a 1995 Toyota Landcruiser VX Auto. Today,

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Toyota Landcruiser VX Auto. Today, for reasons unknown I found I could not lower the electric windows from the driver's seat, nor could I lock/unlock the doors. I also discovered that when I tried to lock the car manually only the driver's door locked. What do I need to do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible yes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Up to this point I have not encountered this problem before. Because it is not entirely reliable I very seldom use the electronic locking system.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to determine the cause with the windows you are going to need to start with checking to see if you are getting the up and down signal out of the master switch to the power window motor , if you find you have power for the up and down positions then the next step is to remove the door panel and check for the same signal at the window motor. If you have power at the motor and it will not move then the motor has failed. I have enclose the widow circuit in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20window%20May%204.pdf