sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mazda rx8: my rx8 drivers door will not operate with the remote

Customer Question

my rx8 drivers door will not operate with the remote but everything else is working on the remote
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm assuming that the power lock isn't working on the driver's door.If power locks are not working on a single door then the issue has to either be wiring, the actuator may have failed, or there could possibly be an internal failure in the RKE/ door lock module (not likely).Wiring issues are possible but not that likely, but it isn't uncommon for a wire to break in the boot between the door and body due to flexing each tie the door is opened and closed.What will need to be done is remove the door panel and set up a test light across the terminals in the latch connector for the power lock circuit. When pressing the lock and unlock button if the test light does light up then the actuator is being powered, if it doesn't work then the latch will need to be replaced.