Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Hopefully you can help ,a plastic bracket thats holds a

Customer Question

hi hopefully you can help ,a plastic bracket thats holds a micro chip that locks the roof down ,has broken ,i have managed to get the part off ,but trouble i do not know what it is called to get a new part ,.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sorry yes , i am 63 years young semi retired so can not really afford garages prices ,i took it off myself ,so i will just reverse what i did to put it back together hopefully,
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: volvo parts on line ,trouble i do not know what the part comes under ,
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: no all i can say is the bracket has 4 screw holes ,2 on the left side and 2 on the right side and fit on to the hinge that operates the closing hood ,if thats any help ,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be a roof position sensor/limit switch as I have seen before and had to replace and is most common to be mounted on one or more of the hinge areas.I have seen these break or fail internally causing this type of fault here needing replaced in most cases.If you can take a picture of it and upload it here I can see if I can tell you what the part is for sure on this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete