Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Shogun: Greg, I brought an Mitsubishi 3.2 ex uk and had

Customer Question

Hi Greg, I brought an Mitsubishi 3.2 ex uk and had to re build the gearbox, but now the*****is no longer working, the only break i can find is a vacuum pipe at the back of the gearbox, but cannot find where it connects back onto
would be greatful for any help thanks Llewellyn
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you havent yet check and make sure no fuses had blown/shorted out causing this fault here.In some cases one or more fuses can short out internally causing an issue like this and may affect the 4wd operation.If this has already been checked into and found o.k. or is checked into and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply, I am having a hard time getting a straight answer from the people here whether they have checked the fuses, at present this is what i can tell you definitely.
On the dash the orange light in the middle of the diagram for the type of drives is flashing,
when i move the stick shift to change from 2wd to 4wd no lights come on and nothing is engaging
I have checked the vacuum tank on the engine it is not leaking
the vacuum which operates the front axle to send it through to make it 4wd is working as it has a vacuum when the engine is running in 2wd.
I have tried to find a wiring schematics for this 4wd drive system but have had no luck so I do not know the wiring at all as I never got a vehicle booklet with the car and do not know which are the fuses.The one person I took it to wants to dismantle my dash any help would be greatly appreciated from somebody who knows.thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Have you had the fault codes checked at all with this issue here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not sure if it has an ECU on it, I can make enquiries if any one here has the software to see if they are any fault codes, sorry we are not top of the chain here
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
any chance you would be able to find out which fuses work the 4wd system then i can check
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately my info is limited here on the wiring on this model here so I dont show or have the fuse info on this here.I would though have the fault codes checked to see if any are set as this will usually help with locating the fault here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete