Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Appliance socket not working, 30 Amp fuse o.k , plug on windscreen

Customer Question

Appliance socket not working, 30 Amp fuse o.k , plug on windscreen repair mechanic's tool fell apart in socket possibly shorted put.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Peugeot. The Peugeot Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: windscreen repair mechanic used socket for repair tool. plug on repair tool fell apart in socket and left small metal piece in bottom of socket.socket now not working have checked 30 amp fuse and is o.k.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: meter checked supply to socket now wondering if socket controlled by relay and this is damaged
JA: Is there anything else the Peugeot Mechanic should be aware of about your Peugeot?
Customer: no all else is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you have not inspected the socket to see if there is any part of the tool left in it this needs done with the power disconnected from it.In some cases the entire socket/plug may need replaced to correct this issue.If this is all o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete