Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford galaxy: V reg galaxy 2.3 petrol I have had a starting

Customer Question

V reg galaxy 2.3 petrol I have had a starting problem thats intermittent when it started it was instant, then non starting it would crank over, with the light door light flashing like mad, wait about 10 to 15 minsit would start I have had relay 30 changed it now takes a few seconds more to start on cranking and it has already once refused to start as it did before can you help-
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In allot of cases the hard start here can be caused by a lack of fuel to the injectors due to a fault with a restricted fuel filter or a weak fuel pump.If you have not had the fuel injectors tested for any issues as well as the fuel pump and filter this needs done.If a fault is found with any of these here the affected component will need replaced to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the in-line fuel filter has been replaced when it will not start the light on the drivers door flashes switch the ignition on and off or leave it for ten + plus mins it will start i was told by a fitter it looks electrical type fault but nothing is as a fault i have had relay 30 replaced but still having problems
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the delay. Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no fault codes are showing i have been told that on some models the light on the door acts as a fault code
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately with my info being limited here on this model its hard to say for sure if the door light is flashing codes here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete