Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Pearl, my car has recently had the fuse box soldiered, because

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my car has recently had the fuse box soldiered, because the car had completely stopped working. I have driven it today and it has started making a screeching sound, with both the engine switched on and off?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just have
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no idea what it is.... it is driving fine, but the noise can be heard over the radio and is still going on with the engine switched off... do you have any suggestions?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: It is quite old (2004) and has done 133000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be due to an internal electrical short/fault in the fuse panel itself or wiring running to the fuse panel needing repaired or replaced for this issue here.If you have not checked into the fuse panel being repaired incorrectly or an issue with the wiring at all to the fuse panel this needs done.I would check the grounds from the battery to the engine,frame and body as well as this can cause an issue with a poor ground connection. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete