Chris, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in UK Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles.

Neon 2.0 lt LX manual, 2004 model 110 000 m . Problems started

Customer Question

Neon 2.0 lt LX manual, 2004 model 110 000 m . Problems started long time ago ( 8 -9 years) . In the beginning 2--3 x per year, later 1x per mounts, now 1x per week. Engine catting off when the Rpm are above 2500. This mine, I can drive on 5th gear up to 60 mph only. If I stop the engine for the moment, is ok again. Happened 2 x that engine didn't start for 10 sec and this symptoms where already.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if l will have correct diagnose.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: l contacted mechanic. He told that he do not think this is PC only one of sensors and he wasn't sure which one. The problem is that the car is raining daily and is fine and this dysfunction happening sometimes only.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: He mention that he can tray to start replenishment sensors but is no warranty of success.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your Neon to an auto parts store like AutoZone or your mechanic and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this. Chris