sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Mazda MX5: Moose, my 6 CD player is stuck and just reads

Customer Question

Hi Moose, my 6 CD player is stuck and just reads NO DISC then goes back to radio. I've got about 4 discs still in it. Help!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If a power cycle didn't help then this is an internal failure in the CD changer. Using blank discs with a label can sometimes cause discs to get stuck in an automotive CD player, but if they were standard store bought discs without anything foreign on them then this is a mechanical failure in the CD changer. The unit would either need to be replaced or you could remove it and send it out to a repair facility such as United Radio, which is usually quite a bit cheaper than a replacement unit.