Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Pearl, I have a 2005 Tucson. A few weeks ago, the blower

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a 2005 Tucson. A few weeks ago, the blower stopped working in all positions except HIGH. Day before yesterday the Cruise control, horn stopped working and the Air Bag light comes on. I was checking fuses today and now the clock, auto door locks (when operated from the key) stopped working. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Need to. The dealer has room next month!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: This is a European model.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. It sounds like you have two separate problems herethe issue with the blower only working on high, typically this indicates a problem with the blower resistor. this resistor is what controls the different speeds. replacing the resistor usually fixes the problem. I recommend replacing the blower motor as well.the issue with the air bag light on and the cruise control inop. typically this problem is caused by a faulty clock spring assembly which is below the steering wheel. replacing the clock spring assembly usually fixes the issue. let me know if you have any more questions.