Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Have a Ford transit 115 350 lwb which is boiling the battery

Customer Question

Have a Ford transit 115 350 lwb which is boiling the battery for the electronic one old battery has blew up it is putting out 12.5 to 13 volts when running !!!
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much else
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put in a battery
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect for any shorted or corroded battery cables at the battery as well as leading off of the battery.If any issues are found the affected cable will need replaced to correct this here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. I would have the alternator/generator tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced at all as this can cause this as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete