Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Started from cold engine light came on JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Started from cold engine light came on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car is running ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure how to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. There are several components on the engine or transmission that can cause the check engine light to come on from failing sensors and solenoids to mechanical components that may be acting up.What needs to be done from here to locate the cause is to have a scan tool plugged in that can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.From there the codes are then diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This can be done by anyone that has a compatible scan tool that will work on this model here as well as a shop or dealer.This does have to be done to see what fault code set so it can then be diagnosed and repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete