sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Battery went flat, so charged it up and lights remain on, traction

Customer Question

battery went flat, so charged it up and lights remain on, traction control, abs,ept, bas.took it to my usual garage and they are stumped, their computer gives a code u140e," implausible vehicle configuration", nothing has been done to the car apart from the battery going flat and none of these lights were on before HELP
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, the car is in my local garage
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no, it was perfect before the battery went flat, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you have a TIPM issue, but no vehicle information was posted. It's possible that a build configuration restore routine will take care of it, but this is something that a dealer is going to need to do. An independent shop isn't going to be familiar with nor have the capability of repairing a build configuration issue.What year and model is the vehicle?