Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a Renault megane 2012 cdi 110 diesel, the customer

Customer Question

I have a Renault megane 2012 cdi 110 diesel, the customer drove the car from work home went out the next Moring and the car wouldn't start well it starts runs for 4 seconds then stops. I plunged in my computer no fault code stored. any idea what it could be
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Check and see if the security light or theft light is on or flashing in any way at all when you try and start it and then release the key.If it is then this is a theft component at fault and a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle is needed to plug into your model to read out all codes and then diagnose and repair the fault from there.I have seen the key at fault as well as the immobilizer that reads the key needing replaced.If this is o.k. I would have fuel pressure tested to see if this is an issue with the fuel pump/injection pump itself or a plugged fuel filter as these are common as well here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete