Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My polo has developed an electrical problem in that there

Customer Question

Hi my polo has developed an electrical problem in that there is no power to the instrument cluster or ignition system when the key is turned. This follows anincident where the lights on the car were just not functioning. I was looking for diagrams for the ignition system and the scource to the cluster to ascertain where the problem stems from
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if it is a simple fix but should it get beyond my scope of repair I will have to pass it on to someone more capable
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Only that someone had previously worked on the loom and this could be part of the problem but if I could get the basic checks done we could then isolate the area where the problem stems from
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Unfortunately I do not see any diagrams on this model here myself.This sounds like you may have an issue with the wiring loom and I would check all wiring that is suspected to be an issue for any faults needing repaired.If this is o.k. I would have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if there are any issues with the switch itself needing replaced.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete