Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My RSC now light came on I'm driving and pulled over cuz

Customer Question

My RSC now light came on I'm driving and pulled over cuz jerking sound got scarry
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This is the roll stability control light that has come on here.This comes on when a fault is detected with the anti lock brake system/roll stability control components.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set using a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers.Once this has been done the codes can then be diagnosed and repaired to locate this fault.Most shops or a dealer can usually read out the codes and diagnose the fault here as well.This can be due to a fault with any of these components here and does need to have the codes read out and diagnosed to repair this issue: ABS moduleHydraulic control unit (HCU)Front wheel speed sensorsFront wheel speed sensors ringsRear wheel speed sensorsRear wheel speed sensor ringsStability control sensor clusterStability traction control switchSteering wheel rotation sensorIf more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete