Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Showing codes P0691, P141A, P133S, P0087. Are they related

Customer Question

showing codes P0691, P141A, P133S, P0087. Are they related & what remedy do you recommend ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: management light is on and there is an intermittent misfire at low throttle settings. ( Mondeo '09 1.8 diesel.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: P141A, P133S &P0087.
JA: Huh?
Customer: There are 3 codes which seem to be related.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is easy. I am quite competent.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: 189,000 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes cleared out with a scan tool then the vehicle operated until the fault occurs again and the codes re checked to see which codes are setting.There is a chance that some of the codes above are or were a one time fluke only needing cleared out and may not be related to the issue here.This may be a low fuel rail pressure fault and can be due to one or more related fuel injectors needing replaced,fuel filter or injection pump/fuel pump.I would have the fuel system tested to see if any of these are an issue here needing corrected. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Probably not your fault but your answer was over 2 days late by which time I had the car fixed and cancelled my subscription to you out of disgust and frustration! Your info was quite probably good but of no use to me.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know. Thanks Pete