sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Sometimes when we try the widescreen wipers they work then

Customer Question

Sometimes when we try the widescreen wipers they work then other times they don't. Could this do with the alarm system
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well sometimes when we use the car remote to unlock the car they work now they are not working. Not sure how to get them moving.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes as I believe it is something simple and not mechanical
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well had a look at the blades and they are fine. Tried messing around with the alarm and still not sure how it works as sometimes it beeps twice and other times not at all. This only started happening when we started using the key to lock the car. Could this have something to do with it?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: Not sure if it's important but it doesn't have its original radio either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The wipers not working wouldn't be related to the alarm as they are separate systems.There are many possible causes for the wipers not working, especially depending on what the vehicle is. It will take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem may be with the wiper motor itself, the switch, wiring, it could be a failed relay or module issue depending on the vehicle. The most common cause of wipers not working would be the motor itself, a good place to start diagnosis would be checking for power and ground t the motor when the wipers will not work.