Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Is show me on display check hybrid system ,i can't drive

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I park the toyata pirius everything was fine but second day i try to drive and could not drive is show me ond display chek hybrid sistem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If i got help yes
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I try to try to put the gear on drive but doesn't work just neutral not rreturn and display show check hybrid sistem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I understand that my answer will not be one you wish to hear, but this light means that there is a malfunction in the hybrid battery or inverter/converter assembly and will REQUIRE the use of a sophisticated scan tool in order to diagnose. Also, this is an extremely high voltage system which if you are not experienced in working on and do not have the special insulated gloves will cause serious injury or death if you try to do any simple testing with a voltmeter. You need to have it towed to a shop that is experienced in hybrid battery systems to be properly diagnosed
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks