Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My remote central locking stopped working on my nissan terrano

Customer Question

My remote central locking stopped working on my nissan terrano 2.7tdi, how do you reprogram fob?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My fob was working then stopped and had to use key, then it snapped so got one cut costing £140 and it wasnt remote. Then the end of new kek snapped in ignition, still works but if i dont turn it off till steering lock comes on you can turn it back on with anything, ineed to sort remote cos only have 1 key that unlocks it and im scarred its going to snap
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i changed engine and gearbox myself, its a 2002 but i also have a 1996 that still has remote cental locking thats what i took engine and box out of. I would swapp the remote central locking but not sure everything i'd have to change
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just turning ignition on and off 6 times thats what ive read and if done right it apparently flashes hazards twice but doesnt work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases a relearn like this has to be done by a dealer with their scan tool or computer plugged into your model here.If this was not checked into to see if this needs done this way this needs checked into.You may have a fault with a control unit/ecu as well that is not entering program mode causing this fault needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set this needs done as well.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete