Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

My Renault traffic run a glow plug light came on while driving

Customer Question

my Renault traffic run a glow plug light came on while driving lost abit of power re set it the power came back got home went to start it nothing the red emobiliser light stays on wen turning over
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello if the immobilser light is remaining on then thats very likely to be the fault1st thing to check is if the key fob battery is OK and replace it if in any doubt I'd also try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together. This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default. This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm if this doesn't work then you may need to get the vehicle to a security specialist or Renault dealer as unfortunatly only they can reset a security system
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you