sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

ML350 '08 abs and warning triangle came on whilst moving and

Customer Question

ML350 '08 abs and warning triangle came on whilst moving and left hand rear brake is applied by abs..4kph brake reaplies. We are on a private road but can't make it to a garage as abs constantly replies brakes to left hand rear after stationery release and you start to move forward I have checked tyre pressures and removed sensor and plug to this wheel on wishbone. Both ends cleaned and undamaged.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's simple yes, but if it involves diagnostics no. If it could be driven to a garage it would be better than being carried. 30 miles to Mercedes dealership
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: New battery fitted Christmas, we were told rear SAMs unit could be a issue in the future. Car is parked outside and not used very often. Dampness over a period of weeks of no use ?? But has been fine. Since new battery
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If traction control is applying the brakes on a single wheel when it shouldn't be it is because of an erratic wheel speed signal. Odds are the issue is on the wheel the brakes are applying on. If the ABS module sees wheel speed is significantly higher on a wheel than the others during acceleration then it will apply the brakes. The issue may be the speed sensor itself or the tone wheel it reads from may be damaged.To allow it to be driven in the mean time you can disconnect one or more wheel speed sensors, which will disable ABS and traction control functions.