Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I opened the door while pressing the key time to

Customer Question

I opened the door while pressing the key for second time to openall the door locks. This set the alarm going and I cannot now turn it off.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The alarm now sounds when I try to turn on the ignition. I disconnected the main battery terminal but the alrm keeps sounding so presumably it has a battery backup.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: locking and unlocking the doors and disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan xtrail 10 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I pressed second time on the open button while I opened the door.The alarm now sets off every time I open the door or try to turn on the ignition.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I am sorry you are having problems with your Nissan. May I ask, when you say you disconnected the main battery terminal are you talking about the wire terminal on the battery under the bonnet?
The reason I ask is, if it is a factory alarm it should not have anyother battery back up. It should quit with in a few seconds of the battery being disconnected. Do you know is it a factory alarm?thanksSonny
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response. The alarm continued sounding when I disconnected the battery. It did not cut out for sometime after.
Do you know if it is a factory alarm? is it the car horn that is sounding or a siren?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a siren.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am afraid that there was a big delay as I had to go out having been trying to get though the just answer maze since 11am. I will try to answer when you are next avaialble.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
By the way it was the main car battery that was disconnected.
So if it was a siren then it means it was an aftermarket alarm not the factory alarm. Do you know the brand on the alarm? What does the remote say on it as far as brand?
Are you still having a problem with the security system?
is there anything else I can help you with?