Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

My name is ***** *****. My C180 is mixing oil and water but

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My C180 is mixing oil and water but doesn't raise the temperature to boiling point.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took the cylinder head to checkup and found nothing wrong with the head also the gasket is fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the screen, it says top up water coolant every 3 days after pouring a litre of coolant.
Expert:  supermechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a 2007 C180 kompressor W203.
I see, thanks. I don't seem to have anything on that vehicle. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi good morning my name is ***** ***** i will assist you with this issue . On this engine the most common issue is the oil cooler which is cooled by coolant .When the cooler ruptures it lets coolant into the oil .This part is located below the oil filter ,remove and pressure test the cooler .Will look something like the one pic attached .Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.