Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My lexus RX400h leak water. When I open backdoor. Water is dripping where the motor is pushing the backdoor. So there is a litte water coming out. There are also water comm throug the little opening besides the light in tha back compartment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot find the place where the water come in to the car. I have checked the welding that Lexus say in a STB could be error on. Is the water comming in through the rail. The back window. Or around the rubber edge of the backdoor. When the car is parked for a time there is dripping water long after a rain. Under the car at the left back. So there is water entering the car but I cant find the place it enter the car. The water will come into the car when it is parked and it is raining
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have 2 Lexus RX400h.
And both have exactly the same problem. Must be some "standard" error
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you with this water leak I need to know what year your RX400 is. If you can post back with the year I will research this issue for you and see if I can find you something to work with here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car is a 2005
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Okay I see this is a Swedish RX, unfortunately my information on this one is very limited. I will open the post back up for you and hopefully some else has the information you need. If they can help, they will post back.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
I did some digging for you and found one service bulletin that may apply. See it in the link below, copy and paste the link yo your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Water%20leak%20Apr%2023.pdf
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I have seen that post. I have bought a service manual.
That place is a little bit too low. It drips water on the rod that push the back door. So the leak must be higher up.
I suspect the rails.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a sun roof?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Or is that to high for the leak?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have a sun roof
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Then I would suspect you are right and its coming from the rail. Water leaks can be a real pain in the rear to trace down. Have you tried using a water hose and soaking it to see if you can pinpoint it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tryed a hose. But the problem is that I need to have the hatch closed. It is when it is opened that the water drips from the rod that puch the backdoor. And when the door is opened it also come water through the bar near the light.
When it rains and the backdoor is closed. It drips on floor right under the backdoor pushrod.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Soo it is not possible to have the door open and use a hose
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Well, I can open it back up for you and maybe some has ran across this and can help you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you know where the water is coming in?
As I see it it can be a number of places.
Rails, spoiler over back window, the welding, the screws that hold the hatch.1. There is a little water leaking in when the door is closed. there is a little "lake" right under the pushrod for backdoor.
2. When the door is opened a little more water is pouring along the pushrod.This must be a standard error we have it on 2 Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
I have posted everything I have found. I see no common areas be side what I have sent you. I will open the post back up and perhaps another may be able to add something new.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do i remove the rails to search for the leak?