sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I am Zach, my car renault megane automatic 2007 model (NU57HMA)

Customer Question

Hi I am Zach, my car renault megane automatic 2007 model (NU57HMA) can't open the from inside. But from outside can open. Now what to do.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Renault. The Renault Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Both the back doors can't open from inside. I want to come out and open the door from outside.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I want to know what to do . I want to change both locks. I had take to a local garage and mechanic is telling door lock to be replaced and he can get used locks. is it reliable.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Renault Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: it's ok
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You could have a linkage issue or bad latches but it may be something simple that won't require an actual repair.Child protection locks on the back doors will prevent them from opening from the inside if they are engaged. Have you ensured child protection locks have not been engaged?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know because this car I bought only recently and it is used car. So I took to local garage and he checked and told both the door locks to be changed.
It's definitely possible that the latches have failed. If the linkage from the inside handles is intact and child protection locks are not engaged then that does indicate latch failure.