Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Volkswagen Beatle: I need to access the ECU to EEprom the Security

Customer Question

I need to access the ECU to EEprom the Security Chip as all the Keys and Chips have been lost on VW Beatle 2001 reg, Where is the ECU Located?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The location I see for the engine ecu on this model here is located under or near the wiper cowling as shown below. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hlv3ppsmq4ovy5/ecu-04-20.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete