Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Trying to fix my 2004 Renault Megane convertible and looking

Customer Question

Hi, Trying to fix my 2004 Renault Megane convertible and looking for a diagram or trouble shooting for the roof/hydraulic or electirc system. My problem is that the rear cover opens and roof goes up, but when it is supposed to lift the rear part of the roof nothing happens.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Renault. The Renault Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: hydraulic pump working and full of oil, microswitches working and tested. My feeling is that there is no oil going to the lines to lift the rear part and thus thinking that perhaps one of the 4 solenoids? Thus the need for help as i have no clue which solednoid is for which part of the opening/closing procedure?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Renault Mechanic should know about your Renault?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, it sounds like a possible solenoid issue, or outside chance that it could be the control module not sending signal. I need to get the vin number to see if I do have the correct schematics, both electric and hydraulic for it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
VIN: VF1EA0W0520917048
And it actually says year 2000 in the title.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help as I am not pulling up and schematics for this vehicle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.