Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I am ***** *****, the right front door of my 1999 jaguar

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** *****, the right front door of my 1999 jaguar s type won't open from the inside or outside. The inside of the door is reachable but I can't unlock it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The door got stuck in the "locked" mode. I can't open it, but removed part of the inside so the opening mechanisms is reachable. Ik still cannot open the door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent yet try manually activating the release on the door latch itself with a flat blade tool or similar and see if the latch then opens.I suspect the door latch itself will need replaced to correct this issue here as I have seen and had to replace before myself for this issue.In some cases this can require a lock smith to come out to release the door latch for you to then access the latch and replace it as needed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete