Nathan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.

Code 16 Ford Fiesta, how to resolve JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

Code 16 Ford Fiesta, how to resolve
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So basically my car has been in a miner accident after that the car refused to start and the is immobiliser flashing All wiring and fuses seem okay, no previous battery issue or starting issue, just stop after the accident, giving code 16 when trying to start (no crank)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the deejays response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Do you still require assistance Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there good evening to youOk the first thing that should. Be checked is the powertrain fuse
Fuse 16v= 3amp - Violet -
in the fuse box behind the glove box
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All fuses have been checked and they seem fine, batteries fine. Code 16 is the codie given by mobiliser
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.I hope I can be of assistance to you with your problem. I did try to accept your phone call request but was unable to so I will post what I would have said to you here instead. I hope this is OK with yourself.Ok. According to my documentation Code 16 refers to a communication error between the ecu and the immobiliser module. The fact that you have already checked all the fuses has ruled a fuse problem out. What you need to get done is get the wiring checked to the instrument cluster as this is linked to the immobiliser system. I've known a few cars to have faulty wiring at the connectors but usually it is the instrument cluster itself that has failed. Now if you have a second key you could try that but I doubt it would work because if the ecu us getting the immobiliser fault logged it won't start at all until it is fixed. One thing though, as you say it happened after aminor accident iwouldn't rule out a dislodged connector on the cluster that's why isaid check that first but If it does turn out to be the cluster that has failed then this will have to be replaced at the dealer as it will need to be coded to the car before the car will start again.I hope this has helped you. If you require any assistance in the future I will be happy to help you again.Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I get paid. Also any feedback is very much appreciated.Thank you in advanceNathan