Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Gearbox work just in first gear. workshop have checked the

Customer Question

Gearbox work just in first gear. workshop have checked the gearbox 2 times and guarantee that it something electrik
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 1993 cadillac sts
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: the car is in very good condition. Do you mean in what evironment?
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: cadillac sts 1993
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 1993
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: workshop have taken down and checked the gearbox twice and guarantee that everything is ok with it. They say it is something electrik?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Jepp. It's to expenive to go to workshop again
JA: Sorry, I missed that. Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I would like to know if it's possible to go in to selenoid wires and test the soenoids with 12v power when it's running
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do You have my email??????
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** more information: is it a 4T80-E transmission or 4T60-E transmission?