Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My name is ***** *****. I have problem with parking light.

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have problem with parking light. Dashboard indicate an issue but I have replaced the bulb and it's good. Next thing I am trying to locate fuse but I can't find designated fuse. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nothing really happened and suddenly when switching lights on I get error on dashboard saying left parking light
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know what will be the best thing to do as I know the bulb is working fine as I swapped them.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If the bulb you installed is not the correct bulb for this model here this can cause the issue with the warning remaining on like this.I would double check you installed the correct bulb that is made for the light you replaced.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Pete thanks for a response.
Let me explain the issue as I think we have slight misunderstanding here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Originally light appeared on my dashboard saying left parking light. Which I checked and it's not working at all. So then I took another bulb from right side which is working and left bulb in right hand side is working okay. So this indicates that there is issue somewhere but not with the bulb itself.
I think next step is to check fuse for that light but I can't find it.My car is Audi A3 3.2 petrol 07 plate.Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,I do see what you are saying here. I dont see a separate fuse for the left side itself as it appears both left and right are powered the same so the fuse sounds to be o.k.I suspect you have a wiring issues leading from the park light control switch to the light itself or a control ecu at fault as this model should receive its park light signal from the vehicles electronic system control module itself from what I can tell.I would have the light signals tested and the wiring traced for any issues and if a fault is found it will need repaired to correct this issue here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Pete, just double check those lights are not bulbs but led. Is this change anything? Julian
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
If this is the LED light assembly that is not working at all the entire LED lamp assembly has to be replaced unfortunately in order for the light to then work.I have seen the LED assemblies fail in the past before unfortunately needing replaced for this issue here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** don't think it will be faulty lamp as I have tested it. Yesterday replaced headlight switch but discovered that current part could be the problem as looks has been already replaced and I am not convinced that the switch is genuine or made for specific model of my car. Can you advise where can I find out correct part number then I can purchase the part?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
The only place I can think of myself on this here for getting the correct part is from a dealer.This is usually the best place and they can look up and order it in by VIN for you on this here.If this was already attempted with no success let me know. Thanks Pete