Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

I have a problem with diesel 6,5. fuel leakage from bell housing

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1998 k-2500 ext cab 6.5 td have been up with intake to check inj.pump tubes for leakage, dry. checked filterhousing rubber hoses clamps. returnlines are dry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
this is very odd as fuel lines do not run inside the engine at allis the back under the fuel filter housing back of the engine damp with fuel ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cant see any fuel leak, but its a difficult area to watch.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
i agreethe fuel lines run to the filter then to the pump then from the pump to the injectorsthe injector lines and return lines are very visual to see if they were leakingi would remove the 2 bolts holding the fuel filter housing to the intake and pull it up a bit and move it around and see if its went at the back of the engine in that area99 % of this type of leak is the filter housing or filter gasket or one of the rubber hoses to and from the filter housing and or the injection pump or a line at the pumpthere is nothing else to cause a fuel leak where you see it leaking fromif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just lifted the filter holder with the engine idling, no visible leaks. not wet under the filter
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
looking down with the filter moved out of the way is the back of the top of the engine wet ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No !
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
when there is a leak under the intake it will leak down the top f the engine block under the intake and run down and leak out of the bellhousing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yesterday I took off the intake to check, all dry. I cant find any leaks in top of engine, inj. pump, hoses, returnlines, that is why I wonder why fuel coming out of ball housing ?
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you still need help???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes please. still having problems finding the fuel leak
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, I have had a couple of these that the rubber return lines from the injectors leak behind the motor and will leak down along the bell housing. look at these lines on both sides as they do join behind the motor. you may have to look up from the bottom to see this. Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The fuel comes out of the hole in the bell housing. The returnlines are dry
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
what hole?? can you post a picture of it???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the drain hole in bottom of housing