sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Chrysler Grand Voyager SE: I have Chrysler grand voyager 2.8

Customer Question

I have Chrysler grand voyager 2.8 diesel . I turn on the key all the lights come on the dashboard. I turn further to start but nothing happens. I have changed the starter motor but still the same. This happened after times before but turned the key on and off a few times and then it started. This time it is not working after a water hose went on the engine which caused it to overheat
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause a no crank condition including the ignition switch, switch actuator, the engine controller not being awake, the transmission range sensor, wiring, the starter relay and power distribution issues, but if the problem started after the engine was overheated then there may be mechanical engine damage.Are you able to turn the engine by hand using a ratchet on the crank damper bolt?