Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** pedro, the story is a bit long

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** pedro, the story is a bit long so i´ll try to make it simple.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a no crank problem with warm engine, and found a technical bulletin that the problem should be a faulty j527 (steering control module). Take it to the dealer, and they tried to replace it with another with no results. Now I have the steering light on (red), the esp light on and the tire pressure light on, and the battery is draining quite badly i´ve replace the battery twice now and have no real answer form the dealer the car is a 2008 mkv gti
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If this issue with the steering light esp light and battery drain only occurred after the dealer had worked on the fault here it sounds like they may have damaged some electronics possibly when they had done the repairs for this here.I have seen this before.I would ask the dealer to re check their work at no charge to you to see if this is the case here.If a fault is found with damaged electronics this will need repaired to correct this issue.I would start with this here first to see if this resolves all of the issues here.If this has already been done let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete