Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mini: , I was changing the clutch on a Mini Cooper 1.6

Customer Question

Hello, I was changing the clutch on a Mini Cooper 1.6 2007, two relay's dropped out somehow and bent the pins, I straightened them but car will not start, one is main relay
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. IN some cases the internal contacts in the relay on the internal relay coil can break when the relays are dropped.if you bent the pins back into place and made sure you installed the relays properly in their correct locations and it will not start I suspect at least the main relay needs replaced if not both relays unfortunately.I have seen these fail before requiring replacement and the drop may have very well caused internal damage to them. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete