Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Just bought a 313cdi Sprinter oct 2015 when i come upto

Customer Question

hi just bought a 313cdi Sprinter oct 2015 when i come upto a junction or slow down the engine losses power and will continue to run but at a reduced speed no power from accelerator and i end uo stopping and switching off engine and restarting the van . tyre picture appears and message to take to workshop mechanic has repinned and sprayed accelerator pedal and problem still there this has happened about twenty times now im a courier and very frustrated pls can you advise Suzie
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no but maybe i can throw some light on it , and the mechanic can fix asap
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: have had a problem with radio not switching off so had to be reset
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. One common cause I have seen cause this issue here needing replaced in allot of cases is one of the wheel speed sensors sending an incorrect wheel position signal.If this has not been checked/tested with a scan tool or computer plugged into your model to observe the wheel speed sensor signals when operating the vehicle this needs done.If one or more are found to be an issue the affected sensor will need replaced to correct this fault here.I suspect this may be the cause as this can put the engine into a limp mode with no acceleration and one of the sensors may only be acting up coming to a stop or at certain speeds or times. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete