Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Recently, 'stop' light and 'battery light have started

Customer Question

recently, 'stop' light and 'battery light have started coming on, but van seemed to run ok. ( renault trafic sport 2009) then when driving to work had a sudden lurch, like instant fuel starvation..? now happenened 3 times, usually when i accelarate. Last night, after work van started ok, drove to a house to do a job for a friend, came out 2 hours later, van wouldnt start, battery flat. As the van was on a slope, i ran it down the hill, and it started, no problem. As i drove home, electronics were all faulty, wipers running slowly, radio changing channels, fan not going to full speed( it was raining heavily), also 'serv' light and 'abs' light flicking on and off on the dash. This morning, van started 1st time, ran it for a few minutes, then went back in to my house. Came out 30 mins later, tried to start the van...battery dead again. Help!
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: not sure, it was with the van when i bought it 4 months ago.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Renault Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
hi im kevin so is battery flat again now?