Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a Ferrari f430 F1 it's making a chudder time like has

Customer Question

I have a Ferrari f430 F1 it's making a chudder time like has if the diff is locking up.... When you drive in a straight line it's fine but when you turn left or right slightly it starts making a noise... We had the diff out it looks fine and put new fluid back still doing the same
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: YouI have a Ferrari f430 F1 it's making a chudder time like has if the diff is locking up.... When you drive in a straight line it's fine but when you turn left or right slightly it starts making a noise... We had the diff out it looks fine and put new fluid back still doing the same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i need more information.how many miles on the vehiclewhat weight oil and brand used in the diff?was the gearbox oil changed?thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Miles is 49k
Correct oil was used
Gearbox oil don't think it was changedI have a Ferrari f430 F1 2006 55reg it's making a chudder noise like has if the diff is locking up.... When you drive in a straight line it's fine but when you turn left or right slightly it starts making a noise... We had the diff out it looks fine and put new fluid back still doing the same its got no warning lights on the dash or e-diff light had it plug in on diagnosic no codes come up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
yes i do need to know if you have a silver or black pump for the e gear and e diff?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black pump
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
good that is the better and revised pump. it is a known issue with the wish bone ball joints making noise while turning. there is an upgrade to the stainless set up but at a higher price. noises are the hard thing over the computer to narrow down .
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
a video with sound would be great so i can experience the noise you are hearing!!!