Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Fiesta: I HAVE A 2003 FORD FIESTA PETROL 1.4 THAT HAS EAC ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2003 FORD FIESTA PETROL 1.4 THAT HAS EAC ON THE DASH AND KEY LOCK ON WITH NO CRANKING ALL IAM GETTING IS CLICKING WHEN TURN IGNITION ON HACE LOADS OF CODES ONE BEING B1681 P0686
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. From what you have described here this sounds like the security system has engaged causing this fault here.I have seen the immobilizer itself fail and fails to read the key causing this issue here needing replaced.This is sometimes a sensor that is mounted around the ignition cylinder housing or part of the ignition cylinder itself needing replaced.In some cases it can be a fault with the key itself not sending a signal to allow the theft system to operate properly to start the vehicle.If you have a second key try it and see if the engine then starts and runs.If you do not have a second key or if it acts up the same way I suspect your immobilizer at fault needing replaced.This will need to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete