Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

V6es: I have filled up the water on my freelander twice yesterday

Customer Question

I have filled up the water on my freelander twice yesterday ? Drove it for 2 miles and it seemed to overheat
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. I have seen in allot of cases if you have no external leaks allowing the water or coolant to leak out and you have an over heat issue what can cause this fault here is a leaking cylinder head gasket allowing the coolant to leak off into the cylinders as well as exhaust heat and exhaust gas to enter the cooling system causing an over heat issue.I would have a cylinder block test done (most shops will usually charge around an hour to do this) to see if this is the cause here and then repaired from there.I have seen several cylinder head gaskets fail in the past before needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete