Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

My name is ***** *****. I have a Wrangler Jeep Grizzly model

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a Wrangler Jeep Grizzly model 2003. I changed the roters sliders and ever since the front breaks have been sticking on. Also put new break hoses on no different. Seems to Seems to me that break pedal gets hard so breaks stick. Once they cool down it seems to be ok. Could i have master cylinder issues?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry two messages above are the same question
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 8 months ago.
Hi thanks for the question. A master cylinder causing this would be unlikely, is it both front brakes that are sticking? Or just one side? The most common thing we see to cause this problem is either the caliper or the brake hose. The piston inside the caliper sticks so replacing the slides would not effect this. IT would help drive it when the brakes stick put a jack under the wheel if you cant turn it crack the brake bleeder and see if you can turn the wheel then, if you can it will be your brake hose or something up stream from there if you cant it will be the caliper