Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mark i am san JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

hi mark i am san
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes Jeep kj 2003. Battery went dead. Jump started it. The radio does not work anymore. cd can be loaded and ejects. checked the fuses. i have the code. but there are no lights coming on the player to enter the code. any ideas ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Double check and make sure all fuses are found to be o.k. in all fuse panels.If any fuses are found to be blown or missing at all I would replace the affected fuse and see if this resolves the issue here.If this is o.k. I would have the radio removed to check for any fuse at the back of it as some have an external fuse that needs replaced.If all fuses are o.k. what can occur is a voltage surge that can actually damage the radio internally as I have seen before and had to remove the radio and either send it in for repair to an authorized repair center or remove and replace it.Unfortunately this does occur here in some cases. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete